Warner Bros. CEO confirms that Justice League Snyder Cut won’t get a sequel
Jack Snyder Justice League released on Thursday last week after a successful and long campaign by fans to make Snyder Cut a reality. The movie garnered a very positive response especially from the fans and was deemed far better than the original Justice League.
The Snyder Cut was Zack Snyder’s vision of what the original Justice League was supposed to look like, but then he had to step down from the director’s role and Joss Whedon took over and what was supposed to be a three-part series was converted to only one movie.
We wanted to give Zack the opportunity to complete his vision in a four-hour movie, which is impossible to do in theatres. We’re happy that we have HBO Max to let the rope out as it were and allow the fans to see all four-hours of Zack’s vision.
Now after the release of this 4-hour long movie on HBO Max a new wave has emerged with the hashtag #RestoreTheSnyderVerse, which aims to force WB into making all the sequels for Zack Snyder Justice League.
But here is some disappointment for fans as WB has confirmed there won’t be any more sequels to Justice League. Ann Sarnoff on this movement said: “I appreciate that they love Zack’s work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC. We’re just so happy that he could bring his cut of the Justice League to life because that wasn’t in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy. We’re very happy we’ve done this, but we’re very excited about the plans we have.“
Even Zack Snyder has himself said that the chances for sequels are very hypothetical and something that fans will maybe never see.
Warner Bros. is focusing more on its upcoming future projects from DECU. The first one on the list is the reboot for Suicide Squad by James Gunn, with Robert Pattinson-led The Batman, Ezra Miller-starrer The Flash, and Jason Moma sequel Aquaman 2 in 2022. For 2023, we’ve another sequel Shazam! Fury of the Gods, and the Dwayne Johnson-led Black Adam.
And though the “SnyderVerse” won’t be restored, Arnoff said they will continue to listen to fans: “We are the shepherds of the franchise, and hopefully when the fans see what we’ve got in store they’ll know that DC is in good hands across many different platforms with many different creators. We want different voices in the mix. For certain fans that want singular voices, they may be disappointed, but we would ask them to be patient and see what we’ve got in store because perhaps the newer voices in the mix will have just as compelling stories to tell.”
For more news: HBO is working on at least 5 spinoff shows for ‘Game of Thrones’