What is Mucormycosis caused by post covid complication?
Mucormycosis is also known as black fungus infection is caused by a group of molds called mucormycetes. It’s a serious and rare fungal infection whose molds live through the environment.
It affects people with low body immunity to fight germs and sickness. As in post covid complication, the body’s immune system is shaken to the core, and the attack of these bacteria worsens the immunity more.
There are mainly 5 different types of this infection. The infection depends on where in the body the fungus is multiplying.
1) Symptoms of Rhinocerebal Mucormycosis includes :
one side facial swelling
nasal or sinus congestion
black lesion on the nasal bridge.
2) Symptoms of Lung Mucormycosis includes :
shorting of breath
3) Skin mucormycosis can look like blister or ulcer and may turn infected area black. Other symptoms may include pain, warmth, excessive redness or swelling around a wound.
4) Symptoms of Gastrointenstial Mucormycosis include :
nausea and vomiting
5) Disseminated mucormycorsis occurs in people who are already skin due to other medical condition .patients in this case may go to coma or generate brain condition.
If you notice any of these above symptoms immediately consult your doctor and get treated.