Ballon d’Or winner announcement is only a month away, and this could be the season when a star other than Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi wins the prestigious award.
As per a list leaked online claiming to be Ballon d’Or standings show Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski as the winner of the award this year.
Well, many believe he was snubbed of the award in 2020 as the ceremony was forced to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but his amazing performance continued in the year 2021 and he remained in contention to be the winner of 2021.
The list had Leo Messi as number 2 who won his first trophy with his national side, followed by Karim Benzema at third place.
Cristiano Ronaldo appears down in ninth and Luka Modric is 12th. The highest-ranked Spaniard is Barcelona’s Pedri, who is 18th, surpassing Neymar by one place.
The authenticity of the list cannot be verified but for the past couple of years, similar lists have appeared online weeks before the ceremony and the results they had were correct.
Here is the list:
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Leo Messi (PSG)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Jorginho (Chelsea)
- Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
- N’ Golo Kanté (Chelsea)
- Erling Haaland (Dortmund)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester.United)
- Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Gianluiggi Donnarumma (PSG)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
- Pedri (Barcelona)
- Neymar (PSG)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
Let us know if you agree with the list or do you think someone else deserves the award this year.
For more interesting updates follow us on instagram.